Skip to main content

California Part 1
















We left CO on Wends. morning. We were expecting Addilyn to be a pain in the tush on the airplane, she doesn't love being made to sit on our laps. We got to the airport only to find out our flight had been delayed. We grabbed some lunch and a little snack from the candy store while we waited. Once we were on the plane, Elie had no problem keeping herself busy and Addilyn fell fast asleep. Such an easy flight.



We picked up a rockin' mini van and drove up to Aunt Darlenes. We went to visit Grandpa John, who is 86 and waiting in the hospital for a valve replacement surgery. Matt had to work on Thursday and the girls and I played with Matt's cousins and there kids. Elie never wanted to leave Darlenes with all the toys, the pool and friends she made.



Friday was Disney and we had a blast. So much more fun this year than last. The day was cool and we had almost no lines for any ride. We rode Small World, Dumbo, Tea Cups, Mr. toad and a few others. We visited Micky and Minnie in there houses and ate hot dogs in toon town. We made it from about 9:30 to 4:00 before the girls were tuckered out. Eliana has been singing the "tiki Room" song since.



The weekend was spent with family. Luke, Matt's bro, is back from a tour of duty in Iraq and came down for the weekend. I don't think Elie gave him a moment to himself, poor guy. We had a big family meal, ate some GF birthday cupcakes that Matt's aunt made for me, and really enjoyed our time.



Sunday afternoon we took Luke to the bus station and drove a few hours down to San Diego and checked into our hotel. We are now watching cartoons and waiting for Grandpa Skip and Grandma Karen to join us for a few days. Matt is off to work. I will keep you posted on the rest of the trip!

Comments

Glad you guys are having a great time! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Working on my Domestic Goddess Badge

I looked at the to-do list I made last week and am happy to say I can cross off almost everything on it. It only took me 2 weeks. I think I either need smaller lists or more time. Here is what I have been up to: -I have made 2 loaves of banana oat bread, 1 batch of blackberry strawberry freezer jam, 1 loaf of gluten free bread. -From 12 juiced grapefruit I made grapefruit curd and a pan of grapefruit bars. -My garden is almost completely done, including a upgrade in size. I am growing tomatoes, onions, peppers, potatoes , cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower , herbs, lettuce, spinach , green beans, snap peas, cucumbers, and kohlrabi. -I hung herbs to dry -I have folded massive amounts of laundry...with more yet to do. All washed with my homemade laundry soap. -I recovered the "green monster" which is another post entirely. -I added a sitting area in my bedroom, where I am currently sitting, so that my laptop has a home other than the kitchen table. - I got a new dining room table a

Changes

A few years ago, a group of friends and I read a great book called "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck". If you haven't read this book, you are missing out. Its quality. It also came at a time in my life that I really needed the message; you can't care about everything. This book encourages you to figure out your values and use your time in energy in THOSE places, because we can't invest ourselves in every thing, even if they are good things! Its no secret that I was raised in family culture that was heavily evangelical Christian. Anyone who knows me at all knows that I hold that faith system and those who follow it in NO high regard. The last 5 years has confirmed that opinion. Even though I was raised to make Christianity my value set, and it was for many years, I find that I no longer align with those values, people or that style of thinking. I am proud, thrilled, at peace, and excited to be an atheist. My life has never been more on track or full of joy than

Birth Story of Jamison Drake Crocker

Not everyone likes to hear how a baby made his way into the world. If you are one of those who just wants to know that baby has arrived and everyone is doing great, then read no further than this paragraph. Jamison Drake Crocker was born at 10:45 on Friday morning, May 18th. He is a big, healthy boy weighing 9lbs and 2oz and is 21.5 inches long. Mama and baby are doing great, sisters are in love and papa is proud. If you are still reading, consider yourself warned. Birth can be messy, and while I have every intention of keeping this non-stomach churning, not all stomachs are made of the same stuff. On Thursday night, Matt had to be in the city for a press event. Around 10:00 I texted and asked him for an ETA and he said he would be home around midnight. I took my very round self and went to bed. I slept fitfully, big and uncomfortable and being woken up by contractions every so often kept me from falling into a deep sleep. At 3:00 am I got up only to find Matt wasn't home. I