Skip to main content

Catching up

I would like to have a good reason for not blogging more. I don't. My camera is somewhere in transition, along with most of my other possessions, so I can't post some of the cute pics I took while living at dads. What, didn't I tell you I was living at my dads? Well, let me get you caught up.

Our house was packed up one of the last weeks of June. I packed for an "extended vacation" and took the girls and headed to my dads for a few weeks. Matt continued to travel back and forth from CO to the east coast. While at dad's we hung out with friends, we out for meal with the grandparents and made the most of our last days in Colorado.

We had put an offer on a house out here in a town called Dumont. The house was cute, needed a bit of work, but very livable as is, and in our price range. But then we started to do some math. After 3 tries, we finally got the correct "truth in lending" document (the irony of that is not lost on me). We decided that since we have no desire to live long term on the east coast, it wasn't really best to buy here. So we were back to "homeless", in quotes because we do have a one bedroom company apartment here that Matt has been staying in.

On July 5th, the Crocker family left Colorado. The girls did great on the long flight. The apartment has a pool and is nice sized and we moved right in. The car was shipped the from Colorado the next day and we have the Volvo out here already. We house hunted last week and found a place we liked. Cute old house, built in 1912, two stories with an attic and basement that are usable, sits on a double lot so it has a ton of yard, 5 minutes from Matt's work and a quick subway ride into the city.

It seemed like it was going to be all smooth sailing...until we found out that ours was one of three offers on that house. So now we wait, feeling like a kid waiting to be chosen for a kickball game, chanting in our heads "please pick me, please pick me!". I have now been in a one bedroom apartment with 3 small children and very few toys for a week. We just found out our car hasn't even left Colorado yet, so my captivity is far from over.

The girls have been troopers. They are sleeping on the floor in the closet without complaint. They play nicely, we go on walks around the property and swim daily. I haven't lost my mind...yet. If we get this house, we will be out of here by Friday. If we don't, it could be a very long haul. Wish us luck! Oh, and a little bit of prayer could help too!

Comments

Anonymous said…
house hunting to rent right? no buying just renting, and three offers, that must be nice for the home owners, awful for you guys--fingers crossed as Id love to see you guys in something that sounds so dreamy--miss you like mad

Popular posts from this blog

Working on my Domestic Goddess Badge

I looked at the to-do list I made last week and am happy to say I can cross off almost everything on it. It only took me 2 weeks. I think I either need smaller lists or more time. Here is what I have been up to: -I have made 2 loaves of banana oat bread, 1 batch of blackberry strawberry freezer jam, 1 loaf of gluten free bread. -From 12 juiced grapefruit I made grapefruit curd and a pan of grapefruit bars. -My garden is almost completely done, including a upgrade in size. I am growing tomatoes, onions, peppers, potatoes , cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower , herbs, lettuce, spinach , green beans, snap peas, cucumbers, and kohlrabi. -I hung herbs to dry -I have folded massive amounts of laundry...with more yet to do. All washed with my homemade laundry soap. -I recovered the "green monster" which is another post entirely. -I added a sitting area in my bedroom, where I am currently sitting, so that my laptop has a home other than the kitchen table. - I got a new dining room table a...

Blogging

So I have lost the love of blogging. I have always believed it is a narcissistic pass time, yet enjoy it anyway. I have found I easily spend entirely too much time tied to my computer. By the time I check Facebook , e-mail, friends blogs, etc I can easily waste an hour, if not two, of time. A friend of mine just blogged about the same thing. Yes, I get the irony of a blog post about not blog posting, but alas, here it is: I just read a good friends blog about my blog. A great leader here in Boulder, Kevin Colon wrote this: “Hugh moved to Denver to do a training deal for an organization and he ended up starting a church. His blogging is not incredibly frequent but when he does blog….it’s good!” Now, while I’m humbled that a man like Kevin would even want to read my blog, I figured it was a good time to state once and for all why I only post once or twice a month. Simply this……..”I prefer to spend my time with people.” I’ ve always wondered how people have time to read blogs, let alo...

A little help

We have two really cute costumes for Addilyn . Which one should she wear for Halloween ? Let me know because Matt and I can't decide. A Bumble Bee A skunk