Thursday, May 6, 2010

Brain droppings

- Annabelle has slept in her own room for the last 2 nights. It's bitter sweet. I miss kissing her sweet little head in the wee hours of the night, I miss her smell and the way she snuggles. What I really miss is my sleep, which I have had very little of for the past 6 months. I figure she can't sleep worse in her crib than she does in our room and I am hoping to avoid the 5:30 a.m wake up due to the brightness of our room. Her room stays darker longer. She may end up back in our bed, but for now we are trying this.

- Would it push me past "quirky" into "very odd" territory if I start making my own laundry detergent and yogurt? We do so much laundry and it is cheaper if I make my own soap, I also avoid all the perfumes and chemicals. Annabelle is going to be ready to eat big people food and I can't give her dairy but would love for her to eat yogurt. I am going to attempt to make coconut yogurt in the crock pot. I will let you know if I have any luck.

-Kittens are adorable. It is a shame they grow up to be cats. We will be providing 2 family with either 2 very socialized kittens or two who suffer from PTSD.

-In less than one month I will be 30. Wow. I am so old and so uncool.

- The babe needs to learn some meal time manners. She loves to blow raspberries while eating, she thinks it is hilarious. She is also a bitter, which isn't a huge deal since she is currently sans-teeth, but will one day soon get ugly.

- I was just informed that I am in charge of bring a snack for 24 MOPS kids. Tomorrow. And it has to be nut and gluten free. Any ideas?

5 comments:

McHam Family said...

Ha! Love it. Brain droppings. Good luck with all of your endeavors :) !! And, btw, 30 isn't that bad. 31 is what really sucks. Welcome to the club :) !!

Kari said...

Being 30 is not old or uncool (that's what I tell myself since I'll be there soon enough...and I'll be there without a husband, house, dogs, or kids). But I will be there with great shoes, labels, travels to Australia, hot men to date, a tan, and excellent skin care. Ha...Ok, I'm done telling myself it's OK to be 30 and single (but I'll never own a cat!)

Honeycutt Family said...

Who told you that you weren't already "very odd"???
:)

Denise said...

I have lots of friends who make their own laundry soap; I'm certainly thinking of doing it. Erin has a good recipe and I have one, too. I'll show you this weekend. I always slept better when the boys went out of the room. And, did I ever tell you the story of Matthew's and Paul's biting?

Karen Johnson said...

I don't even remember 30, but i had 4 kids by 29. So there is a reason for memory loss. We brought Brittany home from the hospital on Matt's 6th birthday. The big 30 will not make you uncool, you get better every year.
Karen