Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One of those

Today was one of "those" days. Everyone was up earlier than usual and, like usual, Matt is out of town, in Hawaii no less. The first words out of Addilyns mouth were "hungry, mama, eat". Annabelle was hungry too, so I poured both big girls bowl of cereal and went up stairs to nurse the baby. I soon heard giggling, the type where you know nothing good is happening. I hollered a warning down the stairs. Then I heard "dump it all out, Addilyn". Crap. This was trouble. I cut baby Belle short and went downstairs to find that Addilyn had been using her spoon as a catapult for cereal and bits of milk. While not participating in the naughtiness, Eliana had been encouraging it. Cereal and milk were everywhere. I took breakfast away and handed out paper towles.

I sent the girls upstairs to do the following: get dressed, put away books and pick up doll house items. All three tasks could easily have been completed in 15 minutes. 2 hours later none of the above were done, but it was time to meet a friend at the Library for story time so I told the girls they could do the tasks when we got home.

We returned from the library and lunch for nap time. Annabelle went down nicely, the big girls not so much. Elie snuck out of bed to get more books and lost all her book privileges for nap. Then Addilyn and Elie played peek-a-boo over the bunks for a while. At some point Eliana discovered a small hole in her feather pillow, and since she had plenty of time on her hands because she wasn't sleeping, she proceeded to toss feathers around the room. I declared nap time over and sentenced the girls to an early bed time.

Before they could come down from there room, they had to finish the task they failed to complete earlier that morning. After an hour and a half of griping, biting, playing, tattling and arguing, the books were put away and the doll house items picked up.

Dinner and bed (early) went off without a hitch...except for the fact Annabelle is still wide awake. I have rocked the child for over an hour, we have paced the floor, sung songs and patted butts. I think she has a tummy ache and I am out of Malox and have no way to go get any since Matt is sunning himself in Hawaii and I have two sleeping children upstairs that I can't leave.

My floor is sticky. Upstairs has feathers all over. I have 3 loads of laundry waiting to be folded. I have a sink full of dishes and haven't even cleaned up from dinner yet. It is 8:30 and I just want to go to bed since there is no way in hell I will ever get caught up anyway. Tomorrow might be a better day, but if it isn't, feel free to asking any passing gypsies you see if they have need of 3 little girls. I know someone who is looking to offload a couple.


Honeycutt Family said...

I'm sorry it was a rough one. Hate days like that! Thanks for spending part of the day with me at the library and "Good Times", though. :)
BTW--after I told you that Grace hadn't napped in about a month...well, she napped for TWO HOURS yesterday! Wanna do the library and lunch again today?!?! Hee, hee!

Kari said...

Here's a blog hug for you (((((((((((((HUG))))))))))

That sounds like a rough day friend and I'm sorry. I also hope today is better.

McHam Family said...

awwwwwwww! Man! I am so sorry it was such a rough day but please take comfort in the fact that I had a great laugh knowing that I am not alone in this crazy mommy world!!! 3 loads of laundry (clean) that the boys rolled in this morning, two cups of spilled milk, and some flung yogurt. Aaaah. All in a day's work :) !